Ultimania is a fun and inclusive team game that is played much like the sport of Ultimate Flying Disc. The goal of the game is for each team to move the flying disc down the field and score by throwing the flying disc through the Ultimania goal.
- Field of Play – Ultimania uses a rectangular shaped field with an Ultimania goal at both ends. There are no out-of-bounds in Ultimania.
- Equipment – Two Ultimania goals and one flying disc.
- Initiating Play – Each point begins with both teams lining up next to their respective goals. The defense throws the flying disc to the offense.
- Players – An Ultimania game has at least 2 players on each team. Teams of 10 or more players on each side work great for larger groups.
- No Goalies Allowed – There are no goalkeepers in Ultimania. Each defender must guard one of the players on the other team and must not guard the goal.
- Scoring – Each time the offense throws the disc into the defense’s goal, the offense scores a point. Game-play shall be started again after each point scored. Players may shoot at either side of the opposing team’s two-sided goal.
- Moving the Disc – The disc may be advanced in any direction by throwing a pass toward a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The player with the disc has five seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower counts out the five-second stall-count.
- Change of Possession – Upon intercepting the disc, either in the air or on the ground, the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense. After a missed pass, either team can recover the disc on the ground and continue play.
- End of Game – The game can be played to a designated goal or time limit that you can set.
Click here to download the complete Ultimania Instructional Guide: